Saturday, January 5, 2019

NFL Wild card weekend

So there I was, sitting at a local watering hole playing a video game, and minding my own business. Full disclosure --  my significant other, sometimes known as a girlfriend/old lady,whatever, is the bartender at that particular establishment on Saturdays until six. Which means I normally get pretty good service, unless I've pissed her off about something. Today was not one of those days. I was in good standing. Thank you for small favors, lord.

Then in walked a stranger who plopped down next to me and asked if he could change the channel on one of the TVs closest to us. I didn't care. Wasn't watching it anyway. Turns out, the Indy/Houston game was getting underway.

DAMN!! I forgot all about wild card weekend in the NFL. Saturday games. Only one thing to do. Pay up, go home, nuke something, and settle in. Bye hon, but gotta go. You know how it is. XOXOX.

First was a game I had a hard time rooting against either team. Who can muster much hate for a guy like Andrew Luck, that's suffered through so much, or a guy like J. J. Watt, who has contributed so much to worthy causes? So I didn't care which teams prevailed. (Turned out to be Indy). Not at all sure how well they'll fare at KC next week, but we'll see.

The good news was -- one of these teams had to win. The bad news was, one of them had to go bye-bye until next year.

The later game was the exact opposite. Dallas and Seattle?  I have a really hard time finding a reason to root for either.

Seahawks' head coach Pete Carroll is a loathsome creature. A few years back, he ran a crooked program at USC, it got busted and slapped with various "sanctions", but Carroll didn't care. He bailed north to Seattle for the big bucks in the NFL leaving the Trojans to deal with the mess he created in the first place. And every time I see him with his little bitty teeth (never trust a guy with rodent choppers -- there's a rat lurking not far under the surface) and chewing gum rapid-fire like your average shyster used car salesman, it makes my stomach turn.

OTOH, there's Dallas. That entails the equally loathsome Jerry Jones, the farce of them calling themselves "America's team", and the bimbo cheer-leaders, who, if you added all their IQs together, might equate to maybe your average potted plant.

The good news is -- one of them has to lose. See ya. The bad news is, one of them gets to play again next week. Arrgh.

It's unknown where one of these unlikables will play next week. Either @ LA Rams, or @ New Orleans. Depends on how the Philly/Chitown game turns out tomorrow.

But regardless, I'll know for sure who to root for, and against, in THAT game.





No comments:

Post a Comment