Monday, September 26, 2011

Quick Hits and maybe a break

I might have to take a break from the usual nonsense presented here for a while. I bought a new computer and am having a helluva time transferring programs, files, data, etc, from the old one. To boot, the old monitor I'm looking at now is fading fast and I can barely read it any more. Typing semi-blind has it's disadvantages. How are you supposed to proofread something you can hardly see?

At any rate, a couple parting thoughts----

Why is it that ChiSox manager Ozzie Guillen got "released" from his contract when every other manager gets "fired"?
Why is it that players from other countries, notably Russia and Japan,  can come to America not knowing a word of English, and within a couple years speak it semi-fluently, but after 3 or 4 decades Ozzie is still spouting the same gibberish?
The Detroit Tigers?  They're one out of 8 teams with a seat at the Final Table. I give them the very same 1 chance in 8 of being World Series champs. You never know what's in the cards.
Why is it the Oakland Press features extensive daily coverage of high school athletics in print, when all the kids are on-line anyway --  leaving the old-timers (not on-line)  that go fetch their paper every morning, and who could care less about prep coverage, little to read in the sports section? It seems backwards somehow. The people that actually buy the paper are complaining, but nobody seems to be listening.
The Detroit Lions? For reasons I explained in an earlier post about a month ago, I don't root for them or against them. Wake me up when they get to the Super Bowl and maybe I'll pay attention. Until then -- apathy.
Given the Detroit Pistons, does anybody around here really care if the season starts on time or, for that matter, is played at all?
Hi to CC, Deb, Dawn, Stoner, N&R if you're still there, cuz, Cat, and whoever else has tolerated my rants. Thanks, and catch up with ya later -- I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment