Monday, March 5, 2012

Ndamukong Suh and NASCAR?

Now that one took me by surprise. I tuned in to watch the Sprint Cup race in Phoenix only to see Ndamukong Suh, the stomper himself, as the Grand Marshal of the race? Really? The dude's from Portland, went to college at Nebraska, and now plays for the Detroit Lions. He's a defensive tackle. You know, get into 3-point stance, run into behemoth offensive linemen when ball is snapped, tackle running back if he has ball, and attempt to flatten quarterback on passing plays. Pretty simple.
He probably knows as much about NASCAR as I do about the finer points of mud wrestling. Now he's dancing with a microphone in his hand, on national TV, while telling the gentlemen (guess this race wasn't on Danica's schedule) to "start their engines"?  How in the hell did he score THAT gig?
Beats me, but I wish I'd have had his agent, one Roosevelt Barnes, with me when I originally signed up to write this blog. I might be making millions now, like the sports editor I report to.
But that would be greedy. I would have settled for a mere all-expenses paid trip to Phoenix to just WATCH the race. Is that too much to ask?
If you see this Roosevelt -- call me. Forget about 10%. I'll give you 50%. Make the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment