Tuesday, October 9, 2018

DOWN GO THE YANKEES!!!

I like the Boston Red Sox. I don't much care for the NY Yankees. And I don't live anywhere close to either. So how did it come to be?

Near as I can tell, it's because I've visited both cities, and was treated better in Beantown, though they sure seemed to talk funny.

After dispatching the Oakland Athletics in the wild-card game, Bronx Bombing fans screamed "We want the Red Sox!!!"

Well, they got them, and..........

DOWN GO THE YANKEES.

With the defending World Series champion Houston Astros, it seems only fitting the Bosox should move on. Sure, the Yanks have a bunch of sluggers and won 100 games this year. But the 'Stros won 103 and the Bosox 108. They were the two best teams in the American League.

It should be a really good series to determine whether Houston or Boston moves on to this year's Fall Classic. Both are loaded with hitters, pitching, speed, and play outstanding defense. No prediction here, but I hope it goes seven games, just for more to watch.

Oh yeah. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment