Sunday, April 15, 2012

Updates, the Princess, and Tyler

The NHL playoffs are underway. The NBA regular season is winding down, with their playoffs soon to come, and Major League Baseball is in the infancy of the 2012 season. Same with NASCAR. With apologies to the late Robert Frost, they have miles to go before they sleep. The next "major" for golf and tennis buffs is a while off, as are the Olympics, and I don't know a damn thing about soccer, except they run around a lot, and goals seem to come as often as bipartisanship, or maybe Halley's comet. Wake me up when the USA team gets into the semi-finals of the World Cup. Yachting and the America's Cup? There's a much easier way to participate. Go buy a fancy sailor's outfit, put it on, and stand in your shower, cold water only, tearing up $100 bills. You're yachting. Close enough.

Sports are great and this blog is devoted to them. Yet, other things happen too, so I'm going to take a time out here to thank a few people.

Oakland Press sports editor Jeff Kuehn, who gave me the opportunity to write this nonsense in the first place over lunch one day. No doubt, he's had second thoughts about that on occasion.

Deb. You know who you are. Thanks for both a few ideas and the constructive criticism when I screw it up.

Thanks to everybody local, and especially those overseas, that have read my rants. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate it.

A special thanks to the Princess for her contributions, though I suspect deep down she knows how I really feel about her.

On a totally unrelated note -- here's a shout out to Tyler, and the guys at Belle Tire, on Dixie Highway, in Waterford. They may never see this, but I thank them anyway for the way I was treated when I walked in there a couple days ago with a tire problem. Polite, professional, quick in and out, and a great price. Those guys treat you right, and I highly recommend them.










 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment