Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A post for the Princess

Yours truly is going to make a rare exception and step outside my usual realm of sports insanity. There are those that say I'm quite a character. Others say I have no character. All my taste is in my mouth, some claim. Well, of course it is. Where else would it be? Doh.

Sometimes I make a decent point. Other times I'm a clueless moron. Throw in everything else in between and over time, between in-person stuff, phone calls, emails, and comments on the blog itself, yours truly has pretty well heard the full range of feedback regarding my rants.

And then there's the Princess. This one's for you.

First, I very much appreciate you taking the time to read my nonsense. Also, for slogging through the sometimes not-so-easy procedure to comment on many of the articles. I understand you like to tweak me and I get a kick out of it as well. As you know, I've responded to many of your comments, but I prefer to keep it light. All in good fun, as it were.

However, you and I need to get one thing straight.

Recently, you've suggested "just give it up, John". With all due respect, Your Highness, I also humbly suggest you be careful what you ask for, lest it happens.

Yes, there have been times when I've considered walking away from this blog for my own reasons, but I can't. That's because a far nobler cause continues to call and must be served.

I am the only thing standing between you and the koolaiders. Your last line of defense to keep the politically correct sports people from running amok. I stand as your knight in shining armor to protect you from total sports anarchy storming your palace. Like the people that think the Lions are going to the Super Bowl anytime soon. Or the Pistons being contenders. You know, the heathens.

I encourage your continued input, even if it's criticism, but do you really want the truth?

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

While you're being tended to by man and maid-servants in the lap of luxury, I eat my meals every day 3 feet away from yorkies that would kill me over a slice of bacon or a hot dog, and not bat an eye.

I risk life, limb, and other body parts in my never-ending quest to bring you truth, justice, the American way -- and OK, maybe a little BS too.

So before you ask me to give it up again, you might want to reconsider the ramifications if I really did.

You WANT me on this website.

You NEED me on this website.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go slay a few more dragons. All in a day's work.

















1 comment:

  1. "Give it up John" does not mean give up the blog. It simply means that on some issues you need to lighten up, and "give up the hair brained predictions with the dozens of "What if's". If you gave up the blog, how else would I harrass you.

    Second when dealing with a Princess, you must never talk politics or religion. Since we are on different ends of the Food Chain, we certainly are worlds apart on both.

    The Princess

    ReplyDelete