Monday, September 23, 2013

The NFL, ET, and a strange new world

There are certainly those that have said yours truly seems to wake up in a new world everyday. Not quite sure what they mean by that. Personally, I'm of the opinion that every day I DO wake up is a great day. One way or the other, I'll handle whatever else comes along. After all, there are also certainly those that were denied the privilege. If you don't believe that -- check the obits. They had a BAD day.

Yet sometimes it leaves one to wonder --- what the hell is going on around here?

Enter the NFL.

After Week 3 the Pittsburgh Steelers haven't won a game yet, but the KC Chiefs are undefeated? Did I just wake up in the twilight zone?

The Cincinnati Bengals just knocked off the mighty Packers? That would never happen in my world.

The Miami Dolphins are 3-0?  Miami? Really? What sort of strange place is this?

Holy Jedi knights, Lilliputians, and Cousin Itts . The NY Giants just got swamped by the Carolina Panthers to the tune of 38-0? The same Panthers that the geniuses at Sports Illustrated predicted were the only team in the league worse than the Detroit Lions? THOSE Panthers? And OMG, what has become of the younger Manning brother, aka the Giants' quarterback? Perhaps 3 Dog Night should come out of retirement and write a new updated song. Instead of "Eli's Coming", it could aptly be titled "Eli's Going". I'm not sure where, but wherever it is -- it ain't pretty. Talk to me Mr. Spock. I desperately need a dose of your logic to clear my senses.

Speaking of the Lions, they finally broke a 21 game losing streak to the Washington Redskins in DC? I now know for sure that I am longer on the planet Earth that used to be my home. Merciful Lord, please be with me because I do not understand this new world that I just woke up in, and I tremble with fear as to what might come next.

Which would seem to be the woeful Oakland Raiders going into Denver to challenge Peyton Manning and his Super Bowl caliber Broncos on Monday Night Football.

If somehow, some way, the Raiders win this game, then yours truly knows exactly what I have to do.

Find ET. We have something in common and perhaps he could advise me.

Because I really, REALLY need to phone home.

This new place is WAY too strange and scary for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment